Thursday 1 April 2010

The concrete chair.




So today i am taking a stroll through Little Germany in Bradford, (I am here visiting my sister for a few days) and we stumbed across this concrete chair, as casually as you like just poking out of the wall. So naturally i had to sit on it, well sort of squat.

I thought it was fun and it made me smile. It has no blurb about the piece next to it but it got me thinking about how many bums must of sat on it? how many photographs were posed with it in?, how long has it been there?

I got home and researched it, but could find nothing, so it's presence is still a mystery to me. I do know i thought it was incredibly clever and i like the way it is fashioned to be a modern day comfy chair but it is made out of concrete. A total contrast.Aswell as the fact it is placing objects from an inside setting outside.It makes the rest of the building look wonky. It definitely made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. How is this chair done? I saw one in Alabama and knew I wanted to know how to "try" this! So cool and I can see this in my Michigan garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Michigan,as well. Just saved a plastic wicker chair n stool from being thrown in the trash by making itlook like concrete. I love it!

    ReplyDelete