Friday 19 March 2010

Grammatical ignorance



I have seen this sign in my street for the past few weeks and it has bugged me immensely.
The interesting thing is there is no just one of these beauties, but two right next to each other.

It makes me cringe each time I drive past it,and yesterday when I was driving with Jaz and Hed, We all laughed and he kindly pulled over so I could document this lunacy.

Cox and Watts (2009)
"Almost everything that is manufactured is designed, the clothes we are wearing, the furniture, equipment and textiles of our interior spaces" (Cox and Watts, 2007, p3)

and some things are designed badly...

Reference
Cox, S and Watts, R (2009) Teaching art and Design 3 -11. Continuum. London.

2 comments:

  1. Do you live in the Black Country? Perhaps its written phonetically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeed Sarah. Either way, it's a bit careless. x Good logic though.

    ReplyDelete