Tuesday 23 February 2010

STOP. turnaround. Change noitcerid

Okay so I have been plodding on with the rust, the galleries, the experimental processes for quite some time now and I have began to loose enthusiasm and I really don't want my art to be going down that route. I want it to be filled with fun and passion, but at the same time I still want the freedom to experiment and try things out.

I have become highly motivated by visiting galleries and particularly finding other artists through blogger. When I stumbled across Mark Jenkins it ignited something new within me and I felt really excited about where my art could go again.

He created a range of pieces and installed them in various outside locations. I particularly liked the ones that looked like ice sculptures that were made of sellotape, and it got me thinking about the title of the exhibition Meaning is overated. But instead of meaning I was more excited about the locations of the work and different locations for art to be installed, can something's meaning be altered according to it's context? Crawford would agree so and how it can contribute to how we view something aesthetically , Exhibit a 'can of shit' into an art gallery and it's art, put a junk metal man in a field and it's sculpture.

So I planned to focus on the location as my art,How would it be perceived in familar locations as well as locations that may be unfamiliar to other people?

At this moment I am unsure how exactly I will document the findings, I am sure there will be photographs but I am unsure if this will be the final outcome or if people's responses/ perceptions will be the final piece.

I plan to construct a giant 'ice looking' ball out of sellotape and take it to various locations and juxta-pose it for effect and then analysis the composition. Other peoples opinions will also be crucial. I will choice places of interest to me and to society and there will be reasoning behind each choice.

I will record all aspects of my journey. The hang ups, problems as well as progress choices etc.

Go!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment